This pack also includes:
- Unique Government Reforms: New government reform options for many nations in the area.
- New Unit Types: Recruit Swedish Carolean infantry and Polish-Lithuanian Winged Hussars under certain conditions.
- New Estate Privileges for regional powers.
- New Unit Sprites: 35 new pieces of unit art for Scandinavian and Baltic nations.
- New Music: 3 new Scandinavian-themed songs and 3 new Baltic-themed songs.
Europa Universalis IV: Lions of the North includes new mission trees for:
- Denmark: The leader of the Kalmar Union desires unity in the kingdom and can pursue commercial and political dominance of the Hansa and Northern Sea trade regions.
- Sweden: A major power in waiting, Sweden can claim a primary position in Scandinavia, ready to intervene and project power on the continent.
- Norway: Resist the influence of powerful partners and strike a new path as a naval power in the North Sea or even across the Atlantic.
- Scandinavia: A united northern nation will have a wide range of new options to project its power as the cold lands of the region get more developed.
- Teutonic Order: Once a great Crusader state, now it fights for survival against Polish and Lithuanian pressure. Follow the path to become Prussia, or rediscover the zealous power of religious war.
- Poland, Lithuania and the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth: Unite the kingdoms and develop your vast lands while maintaining cohesion against recalcitrant nobles.
- Livonian Order and Courland: Follow the path of the Crusader to rival your heretic neighbor or secularize your state.
- Riga: Religious merchant of the Hanseatic League, Riga can manipulate the politics of the trade alliance to instigate conflict and reap the spoils.
- Danzig: Create a Prussian nation from this key city-state.
- Gotland: Choose different paths as a monarchy, merchant republic or pirate haven to dominate the Baltic.
- Finland: A free Finland can explore its destiny separate from Swedish rule.